Friday, January 27, 2012

Six Days... He meant what He said and He said what He meant.

"For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day."
 --Exodus 20:11a (NASB)


To all of those biblical relativists out there who claim that "everyone's entitled to their own interpretation of the Bible," show me a verse that says that. I say no. The Bible has one true interpretation, and if you read the Word of God with a less-than-biblical worldview, your interpretation of it will be wrong. Now, I don't claim to be an expert on anything, and I certainly don't claim to know the correct interpretation of the entire Bible, but one thing I do know. God created the universe in six days. Most Christians say, "Day doesn't mean day in Genesis; it could mean anything!" I say no. There was evening and there was morning. That only happens once a day. The Hebrew word Yom means an ordinary day. And God even gave us a sun and a moon to make it even more clear. You see, if one starts out with the non-biblical worldview that the universe is millions or billions of years old, then God couldn't have created everything in six days, for then there would have been millions or billions of years of death and suffering before the first sin (unless you believe Adam and Eve lived for millions or billions of years, in which case I recommend reading Genesis 5:5). And if death and suffering aren't the result of sin, then what's so bad about sin? So instead of altering man's fallible "scientific" theories, some choose to alter the Bible. We can't ultimately know what happened in history unless we were there, or unless we know someone who was there who told us about it. Oh, by the way, I have a Book. And according to that Book, God (the One I know who was there) created the universe 6,000-10,000 years ago in six days. That's God's story and I'm stickin' to it.

-- Jonathan

No comments:

Post a Comment